Looking for some lawn landscape inspiration? You’ve come to the right place! Welcome to 2 J’s & Sons Lawn Landscape Inspiration Blog Home, Blog Home, where we share our expertise and passion for creating stunning outdoor spaces. Whether you’re in need of tips for maintaining a lush green lawn, or inspiration for adding eye-catching flower beds, or guidance on the best landscaping techniques, our Blog Home has you covered. Join us as we explore the world of lawn care and find inspiration for your own outdoor oasis. With 2 J’s & Sons lawn and landscape, creating a beautiful landscape has never been easier.
Northwest Arkansas Native Plants Landscape Inspiration
- Fire Pink Silene Virginica or Scarlet CatchflyIn the Northwest Arkansas area the Scarlet Catchfly generally begins blooming as soon as April and can last until almost July.
- Virginiana SpiderwortThis 3 ft. tall perennial likes acid soil and shady locations, although it may occasionally be found in full sun. The blooms close around mid-day.
- Echinacea or Purple ConeflowerEchinacea or Purple Coneflower is hardy perennial member of the daisy family that grows in zones 3 to 9
- Yarrow or Achillea MillefoliumYarrow is a great herb with a million uses from salve to erosion control.
- Daucus carota or Queen Anne’s LaceFor now we will continue to see Queen Anne’s Lace in Northwest Arkansas
- Asclepias tuberosa or Butterfly MilkweedNative Orange Milkweed maybe the Monarch Butterflies saving grace.
Lawn and Garden Plant Pests
- Companion GardeningI love companion gardening it costs less and helps make my garden be more self sustaining, which saves us time and worry.
- Termites and Organic PreventionDon’t let termites destroy your home or property
- Gardening For Mouse PreventionHow To Keep Mice Out Of Your Garden Mouse and rodent prevention can be a tricky business for gardeners. Vegetable gardens can be a haven for small furry creatures. Any garden attracts a fair amount of attention. From aphids and beetles to raccoons and mice. How does one keep their garden thriving and produceing new… Read more: Gardening For Mouse Prevention
- Carpenter Bee DeterrentsOur favorite natural carpenter bee repellent
- Aphid Control and Prevention in Landscape Care by 2 J’s & SonsAphids do not look alarming when there are only a couple hanging out in the garden. More times than not they go unnoticed until a plant is doing very badly. Then the gardener starts running through a mental checklist. Especially for those of us with busy schedules that rely on technology to maintain our gardens… Read more: Aphid Control and Prevention in Landscape Care by 2 J’s & Sons
- How to Prevent Black Sooty Mold on PlantsSooty Mold is a gardener’s nightmare if it goes unnoticed for too long. Black Sooty Mold is a plant fungus that can even move off the plant and spread to mulch and gravel around plants. Insects both pests and pollinators can inadvertently spread it to other plants. Sooty Mold Plant Description As the name Sooty… Read more: How to Prevent Black Sooty Mold on Plants
- Natural Tricks for Better SoilWhat the weeds growing in your yard are telling you.
- Best Grass to Grow in the OzarksThe Ozarks are a transitional band that is somewhere in between cool and warm weather grasses. So what grows best? What grows at all? Most importantly what kind of grass will help with my erosion?
- Benefits of Lawn OverseedingOverseeding is adding grass seed on top of your existing grass. This process helps fill in bald or thin patches in your lawn
- When To Water The Lawn In Northwest ArkansasKeep your grass green and and your grass roots healthy for a picture perfect lawn.
- Tips for a More Dog-Friendly LawnWe love our dogs. They are caring and loyal, I can’t imagine my household without a dog. But some days they try my patience, especially when it comes to my yard and garden beds. We’ve jumped through some pretty major hoops and tried some really odd things to make our yard more dog-friendly. I know… Read more: Tips for a More Dog-Friendly Lawn
- Fall Cleanup ServiceLet 2 J’s & Sons handle your fall cleanup service and landscape maintenance. We’ll your lawn and landscape in shape for winter. So you can enjoy the nice weather and have less mess come springtime. Our leaf removal service is customized for your personal lawn. Leaf mulching, Leaf haul off, or just relocation. Let us… Read more: Fall Cleanup Service
- Outdoor KitchenOutdoor Kitchen We love to BBQ in the summer. The only thing better is keeping the mess and most of the guests outdoors while we do it. Custom outdoor kitchen sets make a great conversation piece and are a great addition to any patio or sitting area. This outdoor kitchen setup has a broiler, utensil… Read more: Outdoor Kitchen
- Beautiful Native Stone Fire PitFull Backyard Landscaping This gorgeous backyard landscaping sets off this new home perfectly. It went from bare to a peaceful, luscious green paradise. Fresh sod and river rock combined to keep erosion problems under control and to cut out some mowing for the wonderful homeowners. This beautiful native stone firepit stole the show and will… Read more: Beautiful Native Stone Fire Pit
- Landscaping Steep Property On A BudgetLandscaping Steep Yards This is a gorgeous spot located on a little lake in Bella Vista, AR. The very steep grade of the backyard going down to the lake presented many challenges. The sidewalk leading down to the lake is so steep that you have to almost lean backward in order to walk down it.… Read more: Landscaping Steep Property On A Budget
- Aspen Cobblestone Sitting AreaThis cute suburban backyard just got a little bit more family-friendly. Belgard‘s Aspen Cobblestone pavers have turned the family’s small back porch into an enjoyable sitting and grilling area. This extended family loves their new extra space. Grandma has a quite pleasant place to wake up with her morning coffee. Dad got to keep his… Read more: Aspen Cobblestone Sitting Area
- Blue Grey Tennessee Flagstone FirepitImagine the cozy warmth of a fire on a crisp evening, surrounded by the rustic charm of a Grey Blue Tennessee Flagstone Firepit. If you’re seeking the perfect addition to your Northwest Arkansas outdoor living space, this fall 2 J’s & Sons recommends this flagstone. Grey Blue Tennessee Flagstone Firepits: Elegance Meets Functionality Grey Blue… Read more: Blue Grey Tennessee Flagstone Firepit
- New Sod and Flower BedsLandscaping Installation This yard went from a rocky mess to a green dream. New sod and flowerbeds with mulch to go with a new home. We planted phlox, ornamental grasses, glit edge, nandina, purple leaf crepe myrtle, purple heuchera, and a pencil bush just to name a few. It was all capped off with a… Read more: New Sod and Flower Beds
Chimney Sweeps and Dryer Vent Cleaning
- Why Keeping A Dryer Vent Clean is ImportantRegularly maintaining the line that vents your clothes dryer out of your home is one of the most important things you can do to keep your home safe. It also helps prolong the life of your dryer. Cleaning the vent on our clothes dryer is often the furthest thing from our minds. After all, we… Read more: Why Keeping A Dryer Vent Clean is Important
- Chimney Sweep Near Me and Fireplace MaintenanceIn many homes, traditional wood-burning fireplaces have become a less common feature. Oftentimes, these fireplaces are primarily used for decorative purposes. However, when inclement weather strikes, the power goes out, or heating bills become burdensome, these forgotten fireplaces suddenly become essential. Yet, the maintenance aspect, including chimney sweeps and gas unit stove servicing, is often… Read more: Chimney Sweep Near Me and Fireplace Maintenance
- Chimney Sweep ServiceChimney Sweep Services in Northwest Arkansas and Southwest Missouri Chimney sweeps play a vital role in keeping your fireplace safe and functioning properly. By regularly sweeping your chimney, they can remove ash, soot, and other debris that can cause fires and other problems. This is an essential part of fireplace maintenance, and it’s important to… Read more: Chimney Sweep Service
Holiday Lighting Service
- Holiday Lighting Installation Service2 J’s & Sons are now offering Holiday Light Installation in the NWA area. We love to drive around a look at the wonderful lights during the holidays. In the past few years, it seems like fewer and fewer homes are putting them up. At 2 J’s & Sons, we understand the hassle and lack… Read more: Holiday Lighting Installation Service
- Holiday Lighting Services Have The Best Lite HouseHoliday Lighting Services Are you ready to take your holiday decorations to the next level? Look no further than 2 J’s & Sons, your premier choice for holiday lighting services in Northwest Arkansas and Southwest Missouri. We’ve been spreading holiday cheer since 2017, and this year. Elevate your holidays with 2 J’s & Sons’ spectacular… Read more: Holiday Lighting Services Have The Best Lite House
- Time for Christmas LightsWe hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween. With one holiday over, we start looking towards the next. But Christmas is starting to be on everyone’s mind. The calls started coming in a couple of weeks ago for Christmas lights. We will begin putting them up next week for some folks. If you would… Read more: Time for Christmas Lights
- Christmas Light Hanging Services2 J’s & Sons spruces Up Northwest Arkansas with dazzling residential Christmas Holiday Light Hanging Services Christmas Holiday Light Hanging Services The holiday season is upon us. 2 J’s & Sons Lawn and Landscape is excited to announce their festive Christmas Holiday Light Hanging services. Bringing warmth and joy to homes across Northwest Arkansas and… Read more: Christmas Light Hanging Services
- Christmas Light Installation Near MeNeighborhood Christmas light installations and Hanukkah light installations help spread cheer and joy, to all those who pass them each winter season. Plus the kids love them and every year it seems like there are fewer and fewer homes decorated. Help light up your neighborhood and spread cheer this holiday season for all that pass… Read more: Christmas Light Installation Near Me
- The Holidays Are Over LandscapingAs the year winds down and the holiday season comes to a close, it’s essential to shift your focus towards ensuring your outdoor spaces are ready for the winter. At 2 J’s & Sons, we understand the unique demands of lawn and landscape care in Northwest Arkansas and Southwest Missouri. During the colder months it’s… Read more: The Holidays Are Over Landscaping
Guest Posts and Other Lawn and Landscape Information
Autumn Belgard Pavers Bella Vista brick pavers chimney service chimney sweep service Christmas Lights Christmas Light Service companion gardening entertainment fall family fun fire pit fire pits garden gardening tips garden pests grass care hardscape Holiday Decor Holiday Light Service invasive plant Landscape service landscape service near me landscaping landscaping service Lawn Care lawn care service lawn care service near me lawn tips low maintenance landscaping native stone natural pest prevention Northwest Arkansas NWA NWA Native Flowers organic patio pest control plant native plants retaining wall Sod Installation summer fun winter